Posts by violanted

Hi Davide,

the layout plan for the G3 Rock was indeed incorrect, but this has been corrected some weeks ago. I‘ve also documented this on my website (in the modifications/G3 Rock section) to clarify that for all customers that received the old version of the documentation…

Hi Martin

Thank you indeed this is how I did it, my G3 works fine already recording some music I really like it, it is perfect for my needs.

Thanks for getting back to me, I spotted but my layout is correct I was referring to the manual photo which shows C2 before R2.

I have mentioned above after looking that it would have made no difference even though is better to do it how you described

So we recommend to solder C2 generally between pin7 of V1a and ground (pin 9 of V1a).

In fact I was just trying to point out at the difference between photo and layout, I think the one I received was already corrected because it is showing it as you mentioned. But someone else didn't get my point :)

It's simply unbelievable for me to be honest...after all of those more than 100 replies to your questions and all the help I/we have tried to give you, there is still no progress at all. You have Merlin's book explaining everything but no, you still continue building by following pictures instead of thinking and validating what you do. And moreover, still...no attempt at understanding the circuits and parts you solder together like a puzzle.
    To be honest, I don't really know why I am still answering at all.

This is frustrating. I should stop I guess ;(

Also allow me to add one little thing, Madamp sells kits with manuals for a specific reasons make it simple for people that are not so much deep into electronics and I don't think if someone post a question that might be 100% obvious for you could cause any harms the manual guide is there for visual help as well. so take it easy and if you feel to reply do, if not don't if nobody replies that is also cool .

It's simply unbelievable for me to be honest...after all of those more than 100 replies to your questions and all the help I/we have tried to give you, there is still no progress at all. You have Merlin's book explaining everything but no, you still continue building by following pictures instead of thinking and validating what you do. And moreover, still...no attempt at understanding the circuits and parts you solder together like a puzzle.
    To be honest, I don't really know why I am still answering at all.

This is frustrating. I should stop I guess ;(

I am sorry you think that way no worries don't reply then please.

I have asked one question nothing less nothing more, no needs to bring up what was done before. Mean while since then I have built 5E3 always following layout. I have had no issues.

My idea of Forum is to get some help or hint when needed. I am not here to study electronics to understand schematics like an engineer. I have succeeded and many other amps, but I love the sound of the small G3 that my mate built few weeks back

Thanks very much for your reply and efforts.

Just think about the connections. Check the schematics and place it accordingly...

Thanks I double checked, and the layout definitely shows C2 between pin 7 and 9

Let's forget the photo manual

The schematic I have a little more difficulty to understand but seems to be saying the same between the 7 and the 9

So I can conclude that photo isn't clear or possibly wrong

Hey All,

I am nearly done with G3 I am on V1 socket where you need to place C2 cap according to the layout which is what I am following the most C2 is placed between pin lug 7 and 9 of V1.

Now I am also comparing the build with the manual, see attached the manual, on page 20 where it says 2.8 "Wiring the output transformer"

C2 seems to be soldered between V1 center lug and lug 9? Is maybe the photo not clear enough.

According to layout is pin 7 and 9 V1 and I trust layout is correct? anyone that built this kit could confirm before I solder it?

Below the photo from manual I couldn't upload manual too big.

Thanks

Layout G3 Rock Rev11a.pdf

Hi Davide,

I can send you the pdf of the G3 Rock front panel with all dimensions, just send an email to my madamp adress :)

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin

Great that's fantastic, I'm not sure about your Madamp address, maybe I should look at my outlook, I think I should have some reply from you from the past

Thanks

But I don't actually get what you want to do. The G3s come with labeled and finished chassis. So why do you need another faceplate?

This I can explain, as I did for the MK1 kit, I made a personalized front plate. The previous kit, which was a much bigger project came with bunch of files including a ready made front plate design file with .fdp extension, which is a file provided by Madamp included on that kit. With that file I could simply load it to http://www.schaeffer-ag.de and get it done from them for 54 euros . (Printed aluminum gold plate [Not Engraved])

On the G3 this file is not included, I know it may sound crazy spend this extra money but was my idea to have something that could look nicer than the pre-painted and printed chassis front panel.I am using the Marshall style gold knobs is just to have a better look that's all.

I believe one way is to design this myself using the schaeffer software or the option you outlined faceplate custom shop.

Hey All,

When I bought my first kit here at Musikding the "Kit Madamp M15Mk1 deluxe" I was also provided with drawing for front and back panel pdf file and that could be loaded on a software and ask a specific company to actually print out the panels ready made or even customize them by changing some option.

I know the G3 is not provided with such pdf file, but is there a possibility to do it, if so how, I am not that great with doing that. maybe somebody already did a printout panels in pdf for that G3? Just asking...

Just to let you understand what I men I have attached the file for the M15MK1 I wanna do the same with the G3

Thank you in advance,

Oh yes I’m aware about the “too many options “ lol

I have a 12” G12M Greenback but I am using it already on a 18watts

I have Jensen Alnico P12r I am using it on my 5E3 deluxe

I will try to listen up some samples from the Eminence you are referring too and thanks for your reply

Cheers

Hi All,

I've checked Madam Amp site for the G3 and some of their videos and sounds and speaker suggestions.

I finished the Amp yesterday and works fine.

They advised according to their general testing Celestion VT-Junior 8 Ohms

I tell you what I'm gonna be doing with it. Mainly recording over some backing track playing some of my guitar teacher's arrangement based on rock similar to what deep purple were doing, those are songs that we will play at school with my band.

I need possible natural distortion that you can easily get with this small 3 watts amp

I think for home recording and general usage an 8" speaker is too small, and the 12" is probably too big and sound muddy?

Do Celestion VT-Junior sound any good? I never tried them up

Thanks

Hey All,

I just purchased the G3 Rock

I then realized this:

"We are on vacation from 06.06. to 12.06.. During this time the shipping continues, just without support. The regular service starts again on 13.06."

I then also noticed that G3 Rock is not available now after my purchase, was the one I ordered the last one, or there are none available anymore?

The shipping continuous but how can I know if there is no support if that is going to be shipped or not?

Thanks

keep your fingers crossed that the transport company will pick up (as agreed) the chassis at the plant today or tomorrow, because the plant will be closed for Easter holidays next week ;)

No worries no rush we can wait here.