Fuzz Factory Germanium transistors

• I just put together the Fuzz Factory, it's a bit of a rat's nest but it's fine, I had an easier time building the Acapulco Gold kit, the switch pcb is a nice touch, I don't know why the fuzz factory didn't have one.

Anyway, I put it together and it worked, I hadn't cut the leads on the TFK AC 116. but when I finally did I realised that they wouldn't fit in the enclosure anymore, even if I solder them. They're in the trash now. I didn't want to create antennas with long leads. I expected different transistors and not such tall ones tbh, are the TFK AC 116 replacements for it? I know we have to take whatever replacements we can get our hands on sometimes.

What should I be looking to order now as a replacement? I'm not sure I want to order from musikding again, the shipping took over 2 months. I'd like to find something in north america.

Edited once, last by frankbags: The post I wrote was a mess of words, I was angry due to my mistake. ().

• The easiest way would be to get the leads out of the trash and solder them back or use some other wire.

Then mount the transistor in a vertical position.

You could also buy a new matched pair of transistors. There's a note on the Aion Flare (also a Fuzz Factory) build documentation

"Recommended to buy a selected Fuzz Face set (Small Bear Electronics or eBay). See documentation for more info."

But this will be expensive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!