G3 Rock v1 capacitor position

• Hey All,

I am nearly done with G3 I am on V1 socket where you need to place C2 cap according to the layout which is what I am following the most C2 is placed between pin lug 7 and 9 of V1.

Now I am also comparing the build with the manual, see attached the manual, on page 20 where it says 2.8 "Wiring the output transformer"

C2 seems to be soldered between V1 center lug and lug 9? Is maybe the photo not clear enough.

According to layout is pin 7 and 9 V1 and I trust layout is correct? anyone that built this kit could confirm before I solder it?

Below the photo from manual I couldn't upload manual too big.

Thanks

Layout G3 Rock Rev11a.pdf

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

http://www.rockers.rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von violanted (23. Juni 2022 um 09:35)

• Just think about the connections. Check the schematics and place it accordingly...

"Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

• Just think about the connections. Check the schematics and place it accordingly...

Thanks I double checked, and the layout definitely shows C2 between pin 7 and 9

Let's forget the photo manual

The schematic I have a little more difficulty to understand but seems to be saying the same between the 7 and the 9

So I can conclude that photo isn't clear or possibly wrong

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• It's simply unbelievable for me to be honest...after all of those more than 100 replies to your questions and all the help I/we have tried to give you, there is still no progress at all. You have Merlin's book explaining everything but no, you still continue building by following pictures instead of thinking and validating what you do. And moreover, still...no attempt at understanding the circuits and parts you solder together like a puzzle.
    To be honest, I don't really know why I am still answering at all.

This is frustrating. I should stop I guess ;(

"Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

• It's simply unbelievable for me to be honest...after all of those more than 100 replies to your questions and all the help I/we have tried to give you, there is still no progress at all. You have Merlin's book explaining everything but no, you still continue building by following pictures instead of thinking and validating what you do. And moreover, still...no attempt at understanding the circuits and parts you solder together like a puzzle.

I am sorry you think that way no worries don't reply then please.

I have asked one question nothing less nothing more, no needs to bring up what was done before. Mean while since then I have built 5E3 always following layout. I have had no issues.

My idea of Forum is to get some help or hint when needed. I am not here to study electronics to understand schematics like an engineer. I have succeeded and many other amps, but I love the sound of the small G3 that my mate built few weeks back

Thanks very much for your reply and efforts.

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

Also allow me to add one little thing, Madamp sells kits with manuals for a specific reasons make it simple for people that are not so much deep into electronics and I don't think if someone post a question that might be 100% obvious for you could cause any harms the manual guide is there for visual help as well. so take it easy and if you feel to reply do, if not don't if nobody replies that is also cool .

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• Hi Davide,

the layout plan for the G3 Rock was indeed incorrect, but this has been corrected some weeks ago. I‘ve also documented this on my website (in the modifications/G3 Rock section) to clarify that for all customers that received the old version of the documentation…

• Hi Davide,

the layout plan for the G3 Rock was indeed incorrect, but this has been corrected some weeks ago. I‘ve also documented this on my website (in the modifications/G3 Rock section) to clarify that for all customers that received the old version of the documentation…

Hi Martin

Thank you indeed this is how I did it, my G3 works fine already recording some music I really like it, it is perfect for my needs.

Thanks for getting back to me, I spotted but my layout is correct I was referring to the manual photo which shows C2 before R2.

I have mentioned above after looking that it would have made no difference even though is better to do it how you described

So we recommend to solder C2 generally between pin7 of V1a and ground (pin 9 of V1a).

In fact I was just trying to point out at the difference between photo and layout, I think the one I received was already corrected because it is showing it as you mentioned. But someone else didn't get my point :)

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!