• Hi,

Can you tell me,how we should help you with this flood of infos ^^ ?

No Schematics linked,just 2 pictures without wiring and switch,how should we find the problem for you,if you can´t find it with all Informations?

check your Build first on your own,wiring of Switch,Jacks,Bad or cold solder Joints,Part Values and orientation,check voltages.

Is this your 1st Pedal? if so,do you sure,you didnt solder any short circuits between legs of the FV1 chip?

For further Error search,try a Audioprobe,if you didn´t know,what it is,search with this #.

regards,

Just one Member without a functionable Chrystal Ball ;)

• Hi, thanks for your answers.

It's my second pedal kit (the first was a Re Verb from musikding), before i built 2 kits from Sound Skulptor (501, and LA502).

All those kits had problems but finally works, thanks to internet and forums.

This hydra verb was the trickyest for me, because really tiny, specially the FV1.

I'll check my solders, i'll check too the orientation of component, i think the wiring is ok, because when the switch is off, there is normal sound. So the problem should be on the main pcb i suppose. For me it was uneasy to build because of la k of explanation on the documentation, the schema don't really fit the reality.

I really don't know how to check the voltage and contacts of the fv1, if somebody could explain it to me it will be helpfull . thanks

• Your hole main pcb is the problem. As far as I can see, the majority of your soldering points are bad / cold. Solding of the FV1 is a bit tricky. There should be clear connections between every leg of the IC and your board but often soldering causes shortcuts - check out that all contacts / legs of your FV1 are soldered clearly and don't connect each other - this will cause a shortcut.

Checkout shortcut between leg 4-5 and 26-27 of FV1.

Voltage measuring is simple. You need a multimeter, set it to DC Voltage. Black wire goes to ground (e.g. the enclosure of your effect) and the red wire goes to every single leg of every IC, beginning with the upper left leg (circle or notch indicates upper side of IC) measure all legs from upper left counterclockwise to upper right. There should be special voltage value on each leg)

Post voltage values of IC1-5.

Also checkout if there isn't a shortcut between the pots and your board or between the pots itself.

Best regards

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thepedalarchitect (26. März 2022 um 15:29)

• I just work on some solders, and now when the switch is on, there is a guitar sound, level pot works, and when i increase the mix pot, the sound go down .

Sometimes i ear some delay ....

So i'm in the good way . Thanks for your advices!

• I'm really sorry to come back searching tips or advices

Everything works great, and it was time to finish the pedal, and put everything into the enclosure. Some of my wires was little too long so i had to bed it a little.

When everything is in the box : a new problem : the delay works, but the delay sound is distorded (the guitar sound is normal) , more like a short cut sound. When the switch is off , normal sound.

I take off everything out of the box, search a problem, i find nothing.

If you know the origin of this kind of problem, please let me know.

Thanks

• Hi there,

Well, if we think logically...what can it be? Maybe something is touching the enclosure or any other conducting part like the jacks. Take a good look at all parts possibly touching some other parts. If there is anything suspecious, just isolate that part using tape.

Greets,

Max

"Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

• I take off everything out the enclosure, i search shortcuts , i find nothing, i thought it was when i bent the wires but no. The delay is here, but its a distorted sound, the pots works, i can set the speed, the vol, mix etc etc but the sound is bad

• Yes, you've already said that. In what way does that contradict my suggestions?

"Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

• Take a look on the Pot´s,special their solder connections,did you bend them by housing it in? so its possible,you damaged the Traces on PCB,also take a closer look on theire Back side if something from pcb is touching it sideways or so.

Further you have to look for Bad or cold solder Joints,which could be loosen or broken by rough handling.

What is with the in out Jacks? did them touching anything when there is a plug in?

Is the Sound still Bad outside the Case?

• Sorry for my bad english, i fear my explanation wasn't accurate enough.

Appologise for that.

Thanks for your help.

I will check the pots, because i bend it a little, i will isolate parts it if i need with tape. I'll check the jack too.

Yes , bad sound when it's outside the box,

Thanks for all your advices Moonshine and Hendrixianer

• Yes check it please :thumbup: ,

Attention,this is a Insider :D :P :Could you tell me,what is stamped in on the Backside of the Pot´s? some Producers have problems with them,if them were handled too rough.

Just call it the Revenge of the Honk Pot´s :D

• Hope you like it ! Thanks for the help

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!