Plate blue wire from OT

• Hi Dear Madamp

I think what is written on page 5 of the Modification M15MK1 Rev25a is incorrect

It says:

To connect the plate voltage input, solder a blue wire to lug 6/7 and connect it to pin 8 of V4

In reality on the 18 Watts which is similar the blue wire should go to pin 7 of V4

When looking the layout provided see attached, or screenshot below indeed is connected to pin 7 of V4

Can you confirm as it makes some doubts on me but I believe I am right

• I think what is written on page 5 of the Modification M15MK1 Rev25a is incorrect

I don´t think it´s incorrect,take a look on yor linked Shematics and Layout,Blue Wire from OT 6/7 goes to Pin 8 V4,witch is intern the Tube not connected,from there it goes threw R30 to Pin 9 and to V5 Pin 8 threw R31 to Pin 9 and go on to PSU.

And why?? It´s the B+ for OT !!!

keep eyes open and switch on your Brain Man!

" Du willst keine sarkastischen Antworten ? :huh: ,dann stell keine blöden Fragen ! :D "

• I don´t think it´s incorrect,take a look on yor linked Shematics and Layout,Blue Wire from OT 6/7 goes to Pin 8 V4,witch is intern the Tube not connected,from there it goes threw R30 to Pin 9 and to V5 Pin 8 threw R31 to Pin 9 and go on to PSU.

And why?? It´s the B+ for OT !!!

keep eyes open and switch on your Brain Man!

Thanks for replying, but I read this on the OT instructions:

To connect the plate voltage input, solder a blue wire to lug 6/7 and connect it to pin 8 of V4

If English language is not an opinion I am reading that the blue wire goes to pin 8 V4.

If you look at the picture this is from the manual lug 6/7 is that blue wire that then it goes down to lug 12

• No,there are more blue wires,take a look in Modifikation PDF.

6. Connect lug 13 with blue wire to pin 7 of V5

7. Connect lug 12 with blue wire to pin 7 of V4

Them are also Blue,and goes To Pin 7 of V3,5 It is OT in,goes To Plate of Tubes!!!

" Du willst keine sarkastischen Antworten ? :huh: ,dann stell keine blöden Fragen ! :D "

• Yes exactly I do mean the wire that connect lug 12 goes to pin 7 V4 but on the manual, (Not the Layout layout is correct manual is wrong) it says pin 8 V4 I understand what you mean and I know there are 2 more blue wire 3 in total I understand that

• I think,you didn´t understand it now.

Again:

Manaual says: OT Lug 6,7 goes to V4 Pin8! thats right!, OT B+ 1x Blue Wire

Manual says, lug 13 goes to Pin7 V5 that´s right! V5 Plate 1x Blue Wire

Manual says, Lug 12 goes to Pin 7 V4 that´s right! V4 Plate 1x Blue Wire

At all 3 Blue Wires from OT to V4,5.

Same you could see in Shematics,and also in Layout,so all Documents are right!!!

Understand Now?

• OK OK I understand now sorry 6/7 goes directly to pin 8 V4 got it

• Yes I do sorry sometime I do get lost with simple things I don't know why

• Thanks Hendrixianer

I have done all that:

5. To connect the plate voltage input, solder a blue wire to lug 6/7 and connect it to

pin 8 of V4

6. Connect lug 13 with blue wire to pin 7 of V5

7. Connect lug 12 with blue wire to pin 7 of V4

Now from V5 on the layout, please check, there seem to be a blue wire that goes from OT to V5 pin 8 with Resistor R31 and from that pin 8 V5 goes to power supply board.

What I do not understand according to what is it stated above and to what you told me yesterday lug 13 from OT goes to pin 7 of V5.

Where is coming from that blue wire on pin 8 of V5?

• It is not the Plate Wire,it is the Center Tap of OT,Pin6/7 that goes to V4 and 5 Pin8 and than to PSU c22,that is correct,as i wrote in post #2

Plate Wires are Lug 12,13 of OT and Pin7 of Tubes. for more clearness, pls. download a Datasheet of the Tubes,there is a Pinout,where you can see,what Kantakt is Plate,Kathode,Grid,heater........

• It is not the Plate Wire,it is the Center Tap of OT,Pin6/7 that goes to V4 and 5 Pin8 and than to PSU c22,that is correct,as i wrote in post #2

Plate Wires are Lug 12,13 of OT and Pin7 of Tubes. for more clearness, pls. download a Datasheet of the Tubes,there is a Pinout,where you can see,what Kantakt is Plate,Kathode,Grid,heater........

I have to admit you are great help thanks for even better clarifying the naming of what is called what. Today I will spend a bit more time on this and will download datasheet as mentioned thanks buddy appreciated :)

• Hendrixianer

I have nearly finish the heater wires, only thing is that the V1 Socket is missing one lug, I realized few days ago when I started the heater wires. It came like that from the kit.

I bought a few replacements, awaiting them to arrive, now the heater wires end after V5 to the power supply board, do I have to really connected them from underneath the board? Or can they lay on top of the board and be connected from the top on the same lug where the heater wires are coming from the PT?

Sorry silly stupid question, on the instructions it seems that are under, but that would imply to dismount the power supply board and there might be some tedious work involved, however it was not mentioned earlier to do it that way it just says connect it.

If the heater wires wouldn't cause any issues if passed and linked from the top then I think is ok, maybe?

Thanks

• Them are under Board,because the Lugs for it are of the other Side of the Board,and them should lay down near chassis and away from Signal Wires,second aspect is,it looks much cleaner,than throw them over the Board.

So,try to lead them under the Board,by push threw,or lift the Board a bit by demount the Board screws.

If you lead them Over Board,take them away from any Signal Wires.

Layout and cable routing of any Amp,is much importent ,so I think MAD has already thougt about this cable Routing.

• Something about wiring: https://www.freebird-guitars.a…ilding-of-the-amp/wiring/

It is a other Amp,but a good example,for clean Wiring.

the cleaner you work with all from the beginning,the less you have after work.

Agreed I want to do it good so I will put them under the board, can I put them through the eyelet and then soldering from the top?

• Hi Hendrixianer

Now there is one more little issue, i believe this time is partially the lack of my knowledage but also the Input jacks for the 8Ohms Speakers and 16 Ohms are different from layout and from manual

I was provided with 4 lugs input jack sockets each socket has for lugs

Now instructions are saying

1. Signal Ground from the OT to the speaker plug sockets

2. Don’t wire the 4 Ohm lug (if needed, please change the wiring like explained at

the end of this chapter)

3. Connect the 8 Ohm lug to the 8 Ohm speaker plug socket

4. For the 16 Ohm output solder a white wire to the free green wire and isolate it

with heat shrinking tube. Then connect it to the 16 Ohm speaker plug socket.

This is the layout:

This is the actual input jacks in my opinion the 4 lugs on the back, the one near the chassis, 2 each per each input jack, should be bus grounded with bare wire and connect the OT signal ground to one end and the from there to star ground.

There are 4 lug on the front of input jack to per each socket unsure were to put the resistor and the 16 Ohm and 8 Ohm wire it is different from the provided input jack and the one from manual

The one I received:

The one on the manual and layout

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!