Plate blue wire from OT

• Davide,

Beeing curious again. Can you post instructions, which you found to be better?

I am astonished, because the Madamp instructions are excellent in my opinion.

Christof

Ok look I pass you two type of instructions Madam Amp and Stewmac or Tonefactory and you tell yourself. Anyway… I am not saying madam amp isn’t good but for example photos are blurry, they are not exactly step by step but look it doesn’t matter anymore everyone can think differently

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

http://www.rockers.rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• So PT is ok and it was correctly connected after correcting the heater wires to the correct lug

So what my friend found out beside that blown fuse on fuse 2, another thing that was broken, is a lug on the fuse socket 1 basically no connection to primary side.

Now the Amp works there is just a buzz noise

All in all,it was not the Instruction,it was not the PT,it was not the OT,but it was...........Your poor Knowledge :D ;)

• Einige der "alten Hasen" verfolgen hier eine ganz klare Linie:

Wenn bei Amps oder anderen Geräten mit gefährlichen Spannungen jemand die nötige Einsicht und Vorsicht vermissen lässt, kriegt er entsprechend deutliche Hinweise, oder man hält sich ganz raus. Keinesfalls aber erhält er Tipps in der Sache, die ihn zum Weitermachen animieren.

Es wäre gut, wenn sich da alle dran halten würden.

• Ich hatte zwischendrin nochmal Hoffnung auf Einsicht geschöpft. Aber jetzt bin ich auch raus.

"Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Wenn bei Amps oder anderen Geräten mit gefährlichen Spannungen jemand die nötige Einsicht und Vorsicht vermissen lässt, kriegt er entsprechend deutliche Hinweise, oder man hält sich ganz raus. Keinesfalls aber erhält er Tipps in der Sache, die ihn zum Weitermachen animieren.

Writing in German doesn't feel so respectful because to understand I had to translate, I will not post any post here asking questions, no worries. This is the first time in 10 years of music forums of all kind that I am having issues . I didn't lose trust on Madamp amp, even if I'll buy another one I won't need any help any more , so at the end of the day since the day one, before even all the polemic started the usual 5 people always replied so the people responding are always the same 5 maybe because of the English not sure. Never mind I am out too.

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• Ok look I pass you two type of instructions Madam Amp and Stewmac or Tonefactory and you tell yourself. Anyway… I am not saying madam amp isn’t good but for example photos are blurry, they are not exactly step by step but look it doesn’t matter anymore everyone can think differently

Hi Davide,

after I had a look at a Stewmac building manual, I see your point. Yes, this is more detailed and more step by step.

I would like to recommend to build low voltage effects. You can learn a lot about electronics, if you study them. And gather experience, because all of us make mistakes. These low voltage projects do not have enough power available to do much damage to you and the people living nearby.

I once had a job training about high voltage batteries used in vehicles now. They use the same voltages as these valve amps do. They showed us photographs of injuries done by human contact to high voltages. It was not nice. One major problem is, that in the human body low voltage electric signals are used in the nerves for example to control heart beat and in the spine and brain. So these nerves are made to conduct electric current! Unfortunately they get destroyed very fast by higher currents or the heartbeat control gets stuck.

So be very cautious, best regards, Christof

• Hi Davide,

after I had a look at a Stewmac building manual, I see your point. Yes, this is more detailed and more step by step.

I would like to recommend to build low voltage effects. You can learn a lot about electronics, if you study them. And gather experience, because all of us make mistakes. These low voltage projects do not have enough power available to do much damage to you and the people living nearby.

I once had a job training about high voltage batteries used in vehicles now. They use the same voltages as these valve amps do. They showed us photographs of injuries done by human contact to high voltages. It was not nice. One major problem is, that in the human body low voltage electric signals are used in the nerves for example to control heart beat and in the spine and brain. So these nerves are made to conduct electric current! Unfortunately they get destroyed very fast by higher currents or the heartbeat control gets stuck.

So be very cautious, best regards, Christof

Absolutely agreed low project like the 5F1 Champ I have completed yesterday, thanks this is something true and I will follow up your advise.

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

Some of the "old stagers" keep it very clear:

In case somebody appearently lacks of reasonable understanding and caution when handling amps or other devices with leathal voltages, he'll get clear advices accordingly, or one doesn't respond at all. By no means, he'll get advices in that regard, that animate him continueing.

It would be good if everybody would keep it this way.

• Absolutely agreed low project like the 5F1 Champ I have completed yesterday, thanks this is something true and I will follow up your advise.

Oh, there seems to be some very severe misunderstanding???? Certainly 5F1 can kill you easily.

Please have a look at this diagram:

At some previous lines in this wikipedia article Electrical injury - Wikipedia it is said that the body resistance is something like 1...2 kilohms. Using Ohm's law you can calculate, the current through your body, if you have the voltage. 230V mains voltage for example.

There is this line in the diagram, that you cannot control your muscles anymore, so you cannot stop to touch the line.

So doing some training with Ohm's law and using this diagram you can calculate for yourself, if 5F1 is dangerous or not.

You can also have a look, if the fuses have a chance to protect you (If it was fast enough).

You can see in the diagram, why I was speaking about 9V effects.

• I know that of course can kill, but is already finished and working. Specific instructions, sent by Tonefactory Netherlands so clear so easy completed in 2 days 4 hours in Total , there must be a reason :) in any case is much simpler project than the Madamp referring to my kit, which was a 15 Watts dual channel, much more complex compared with 5F1

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• This is one of the most hostile forums that I have ever been on

I am sorry to be harsh but I’m truly expressing my feelings I also felt attacked, mocked and bullied of everyone laughing against my partial inexperience but also not able to defend myself lacking the usage of technical knowledge and words.

Anyway from the amp technician:

The amp is made by cheap Chinese components

• After too much soldering on the channel switch (very cheapy chinese) the switch broke, so we replace it
    • Very cheap input switch and fuse holder all very low quality the fuse socket broke or was broken already
    • PT and OT are basically standard cheap no datasheets never seen anything like that

I am happy now because that is my last post.

Thanks

Davide Violante

Rockers&&Rocks

Schoonenburgsingel 176

2135GE Hooffdorp

Netherlands

• Yes!

As polite as possible! ;)

Thanks to Davide for his LAST post! Have a nice time...

Live long and prosper. \\//.

And now for something completely ... nicer!

I love this Forum! <3 (I think this is a very good reason to say it again!)

Michel

I might look like I´m listening to You, but in my head I´m playing my guitar!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!