Question regarding building the board with resistors and caps M15MK1

• Hi All,

I have been on training and my friend helping me out with recognizing caps values resistors and how all works connections wiring but told me to proceed alone as well.

He will check the work again time to time but I wanted to show you the work done so far on the main board of my M15MK1

If i send you the photo and the layout are you able to check for me, I am beginner so I want to learn

When is time to start up the amp my friend will do with me after checking the work.

Thanks

• The grey capacitor is not just "a" 0.1uF capacitor, it's a special one (specified for 275V AC !), this is C20 as set out in the parts list (manual), do not use it in other places...

Guys i got that but sometimes looks like that you don't read the rest of the post, I said that this is clear now and that was not even the original ask. I appreciate the tech explanation, I just missed read the value and indeed didn't know the final purpose of it and I also researched the use of it . I got this part right now and the ask was actually to look at the built so far , thanks for your input.

• The grey capacitor is not just "a" 0.1uF capacitor, it's a special one (specified for 275V AC !), this is C20 as set out in the parts list (manual), do not use it in other places...

Thank you I have now find out about that , I am totally knew to the way how actually is built this specific amp and learning thanks this was very helpful.

• Honestly, I don't think anybody should switch on the amp you are building. Looking at the connections on the board as shown on the photos and the repeating lack of interest puts a really high responsibility on the shoulders of your poor expert.

Do you simply not care if a cap is made for hundreds of volts?

• I got this part right now and the ask was actually to look at the built so far , thanks for your input.

What did you expect from us? tell you if all parts right Value and orientation? this could only did by having complete Shematics and layout and so it is your Work!! This is Do it yourself and not let it Do!

And if I see that you still have problems of identification of Components,i think you didn´t learn anything and Nothing is clear!

I´m out of here,that´s very dangerous what you are Doing with no Idea what you are doing there,maybe it will work,but probably Not!

Safety regards,

" Du willst keine sarkastischen Antworten ? :huh: ,dann stell keine blöden Fragen ! :D "

• The orientation of all caps in the build so far after the initial corrections are correct.

The resistor value is correct all resistors were also checked one by one with multimeter. The soldering might not brilliant but is solid.

The wire bus was corrected and is not attached to all lugs.

So the forum is only for expert gurus experienced guys and probably to only exchange ideas or doubts on advanced stuff therefore non expert beginners are cutout from forums here. I could have posted here the schematics but I thought since all probably have build the same kit had those schematics already.

Regarding the grey capacitor is not just "a" 0.1uF capacitor, it's a special one (specified for 275V AC !), this is C20 as set out in the parts list (manual), this type capacitors is not normally used on any of the 18 watts schematics original British layout.

The 18 watts from other build such Stewmac, Mojotone, or TubeTown have a complete different way. It is similar in certain parts, the circuit is a mixture of original British and modern circuit. However the component used here are the ONLY one I haven't seen in other 18 watts in fact this is not exactly an 18 watts!!!!

That is the solely reason why I have no solid foundations because primarily I am guitar player and Organ player, not an expert in electronics.

Therefore I was expecting a little of kindness, a little of patient, (I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU IAM GETTIN HELP) but all here seem to be aggressive very critical, thinking about how dangerous is, hey....I am not putting the amp on, the board so far is actually correctly set with all parts, it was already checked but I wanted to see here some reactions, and my impression is that there is no space for questions like mine, because you are all convinced that everyone knows everything about anything.

I must assume that all of you are here with years of electronics experience and have built hundred of amps of have studied electronics.

In any case you are discouraging, criticizing, it seems that because of how dangerous is you are not even give or trying to give a chance to a beginner. We are not putting an amp on but assembling the board

• By the way

I did got to the amp repair shop, but obviously can't learn all about electronics in 2 days, I have practice soldering, I have seen the most common caps.

I haven't seen or know all caps types like the grey mentioned I haven't ever seen one.

Attached are the schematics

• Hi Davide,

This will be my last post regarding this topic, I think this is leading nowhere, but I try one last time.

So the forum is only for expert gurus experienced guys and probably to only exchange ideas or doubts on advanced stuff therefore non expert beginners are cutout from forums here.

This is becoming more and more ridiculous. Another proof that you actually don't want to hear what we are saying.

Being a beginner is cool, everyone was at some point. But... I have said this multiple times...

A HIGH VOLTAGE DEVICE LIKE A TUBE AMP IS NOT A PROJECT FOR LEARNING THE BASICS AND ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS

If you are an absolute beginner (what you are), start with low-volt projects. Build some boosters or overdrives or whatever comes to your mind. But starting a tube amp build without knowing the most basic components, without being able to read or understand a schematic and not even being able to solder properly is just reckless. I have told you over and over again but you just don't want to listen. I think I have never encountered such stubbornness and resistance towards advice.

And blaming the forum members who are actually trying to help you is just the pinnacle of disrespect. And by the way...you still haven't asked for any literature or advice on how to approach the topic. You just. Don't listen. So I don't think I can (and actually don't want to) help anymore.

I'm out of this discussion, this is leading nowhere.

Stay safe,

Max <3

• My goal is to build a second Amp, the first i have done and 18 watts from Tube-Town it worked at first start - up, I used the forum 18 Watts and I received a great support. I have built a bulb current limiter, followed the Amp start up procedure explained at this link --> https://robrobinette.com/Tube_Amp_Startup.htm and all went OK. I was able to follow a schematics + very clear photos of the build HD photos that in each angle was showing how to put parts, components, wiring, it was so clear and all steps so easy that I had no issues. Probably I didn't learn what technically should have been the most important.

Now I am trying to learn but here if I ask a question for a cap that looks unfamiliar I am getting attacked again that I know nothing and I should stop, that is what I am not accepting.

Also the instructions photos provided here are not helping because all components being used are not exactly the same as the one received. Of course the values are the same and the final purpose are the same, but all that could create doubts for a total beginner.

I need a valve Amp of this kind and cannot buy a ready made Bluesbreaker style since I don't have 1.700 Euros to spend....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!