First pedal : 3pdt wiring : alone or with 3pdt pcb (no rled in kit)

• Hello everyone,

Im a dyi beginner, trying to refresh my electronics "knowledge" for 20 years ago....So this forum seems perfect to ask for a little help

Thanks in advance (im a french guy playing guitar for 5 years and willing to add some effects)

Im having a good time with he germanium fuzz kit

https://www.musikding.de/The-Face-Germanium-Fuzz-kit

But i strugle with the 3pdt

a 3pbdt pcb is is the kit. Installation guide tells to use it " Solder the RED resistor ("RLed"), all wires and the 3PDT switch to the pcb ...." In the part list and in the kit i dont have any Rled remaining from kit.
    When analyzing main pcb the led resistor is in it, as R6.

So what can i do? i would like to use the 3 pdt pcb to learn it for futur pedals since i like doing it

thanks for you answer and have a ncie day!

i put under the pictures which confuse me, dont know what to do

• Hello and thanks for you answer !

Ok i will do that if its best.
    But i read the 3btp pcb was a more reliable solution + i was glad to learn how to use it for another pedal. So you confirm in my cas i cant use it and it should'nt has been put in the kit?

If it s the case i put the swith in this position (cf picture for numbers) , that means (original wiring)
    1 to main pcb numbe 1
    2 to jack in
    3 to 6
    4 to volume
    5 to jack out
    7 to led
    8 to main pcb
    9 to 1

thanks again i see the end of the tunnel of non undestanding [Blockierte Grafik: https://musikding.rocks/wcf/images/smilies/smile.png

• Yep , i strugle with the editor

• Just to undestand. On the 3pdt pcb. Il i put a wire instead of an extra rled, wont it be good? since r6 is the rled
    • Would be glad to have your advice on the anasounds wiring and if you have any idea of where on the main pcb i find Fx in and Fx out. Are there the one i put red arrow on it?

1 to ground
      2 to fx input (but where on main pcb ??) like my arrow?
      3 to 4 to jack input
      5 to jack output
      6 to fx output o(but where on main pcb? like my arrow?
      7 no used
      8 to ground (maybe to 1) ?
      9 to led

thanks

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von roh (6. Februar 2021 um 11:28)

• FX In is the blue on the left you correctly identified. FX Out is the blue wire from leg 2 of your volume pot.
    The black wire / point you marked with the red arrow is ground.

concerning the LED you need to wire your LED as indicated above from point 6 directly to the short leg of your LED (which is the cathode). The long leg (anode) is wired to you 3pdt foot switch as indicated above.

• Hello all, hope your doing well

i m about to wire

• battery clip
    • jack in
    • DC jack
    • while reading on internet if confuses me : will the input jack in works as a switch if i use the wiring doc below (i would like the battery doesnt drain when jack is not plugged )?
    • will i be able to use my "normal" power which is a onespot truesound? (i dont think, read of inverse polarity)
    • can i put this pedale in a pedal board with other pedals (like my boss rc3) ?
    • maybe i should only use a battery? and not plug the dc jack ? (will the jack acts as a switch)?

thanks for your help

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von roh (8. Februar 2021 um 18:02)

• 1.+4. You can use battery or a power supply with positive ground. Input is Stereo and works as a switch.

2.+3. Please read the description on the side: The Fuzz Face has posititive ground. So it is NOT possible to power it along other pedals on one power supply. You need an extra power supply or a battery.

• Hello, thanks again for your help. Really appreciated

ok i wont connect the DC jack then and work only with battery

Can i put the enclosure as the ground (black) with a screw or is it a bad idea?

Maybe i should create another thread for my various questions?

• Maybe you should read normal diy instruction feeds and blogs to get some additional knowledge for pedal making ;)

If you read something and find it out on your own it’s even better than to ask somebody to teach you how to get the solution.

The community here is very helpful but it’s better if you have concrete terms / questions that general ones you could find out on your own in minutes :thumbup:

• Ok sorry for bothering, appart the screw question i really took time to look for answers on the net. :)

I will take more time to find myself

Have a nice evening and thanks for your answers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!