G3 Blues: differences between images in pdf file and schematics

• Hello,

Can anyone inform me about these differences please:
    - C15 is mounted with flat side of half moon at left side on the schematic; on the picture on p 14 it is on the right side
    - Wiring front elements: on the schematic there is a yellow wire from Base to Mid; on the picture on p 16, this wire is missing

I guess that the schematic is the correct instruction to follow?

Also: the C13 and C14 I got are 400V instead of 350V. Is this a problem?

Since this is my first built, some help is more than welcome.
    Many thanks in advance

kind regards
    /paul

• I think the orientation of the smaller cap is wrong. This way I wouldn't wonder if it explodes (!) when powering up.

Having a higher voltage rating at caps is never a problem if the general type of the cap is the same.

• 1) 400V instead of 350V is no issue, higher voltage limit of a capacitor is on general no issue
    2) what do you mean with "with flat side of half moon at left side"? Do you really mean the schematic or the layout sheet?
    3) yellow wire from Bass to Mid => you're right, this wire is missing on page 16 of the manual

You always should refer to the schematic and layout sheets and use these as master plan, not the photos.

• hello all,
    THANK you for your help.
    I’ll stick to the pdf file with the schematic and not the one with the text and pictures.

MAD, on point 2) there is a difference in placement of C15 between pdf with schematic and pdf with text. The pdf with the schematic is the correct one, like Simon.bethke explains.

• I really would like to fix inconsistencies but need to understand what you are referring to: the schematic (named "circuit diagram" at the bottom right of the document) does not show any information about placement of parts so I assume you are referring to the layout plan (named "wiring diagram" at the right of the document). Please explain, where the layout plan and the manual are inconsistent, I don't mean pictures not showing the end state of an assembly step but conflicting information in the documents.

• Nice finds :)

@MAD if you send the raw photos to me, I can photoshop-correct them ;) (nobody will notice)

• Guys, please let's be precise:
    1) you'r right, the yellow wire at the tone stack is missing on the photo, this is no conflict with the schematic or layout plans but a difference. This is IMO minor and not urgent, so I will correct that with the next version of the manual
    2) a conflict regarding polarity of electrolytic caps between layout plan and photos in the manual would need an urgent update, BUT THERE IS NO CONFLICT. The negative connector of all four electrolytic caps (white stripe with minus sign) is shown consistently on the photos in the manual and the layout plan so ne need for confusion!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!