A15MkII Footswitch kit explodes...

• Sorry, that's not correct. When you measure the secondary voltages of the power transformer (section 2.4.1), nothing is connected, so there is no voltage at the power supply board (nothing's charging up - nothing to discharge). When you measure the output voltages of the power supply board (section 2.4.2), ground is connected (if you followed the instructions), so the caps will be discharged via R58 when you switch off power. The last sentence of section 2.4.2 specifically asks to check if R58 is working properly!

• My bad, Martin!

I just glanced through the manual, and the image with all the yellow cabling sort of led me to assume that the PS board was connected at that point in time. But you're right. Normally you'd just continue and wire the rest up. It was me, that pulled the brakes just before wiring the 24V secondary (since I wanted to install the Switch PS at that point), who paused at that point in time (and reinserted the mains and turned everything on), where the caps can are charged but still aren't drained. No reason to clarify anything in the instructions.

Anyways, since everything measured correctly, I conected the Switch PS board again and stepped back. Although it took a good half minute for the cap to explode (or rather go... fzzzzzzzpoppfhhhhhh) the last time, I dared step forward and measure. Bias runs from -25.5 to -19.5, and all other voltages slightly low, but well within the 10% range.

So I'll blame the blown cap on me dropping some clipped off lead under the board or whatever, and merrily continue on.

Thanks heaps for taking the time and help me out, Martin!

/Anders

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!